# # POST TITLE HERE

Clean Eating: (Healthy) Protein Cookies

January 21, 2014

Ladies, we are in this journey together.
Image Map

You know this whole weight loss, I want to be healthy and feel sexy, and wash my clothes on my stomach type of journey.

Thus, on this journey, we need to eat clean. No dieting (I loathe that word) - but healthy, clean eating 85% of the time. And I think as human nature, it's imperative to enjoy what we eat. I know that I for one, always fell off the bandwagon when I detested the food I was eating. I mean how many times can you eat grilled chicken and broccoli? 

One of my missions has been to create healthy alternatives to the foods we already love. It takes a lot of time and a lot of trial and error. When I start to create my new recipes, it looks like this:


I purchased "coconut flour" and I was really excited to create all of these fun new recipes. But I am not too confident yet. 

First, my protein pancakes. They were delicious Sunday morning when they were hot and fresh. Now, not so much. They are extremely grainy and I think if I put it in front of a starving dog, he would choose to try and consume air instead. I made enough pancakes for my breakfast this week, and it's hard to eat them. I am revamping that recipe. I believe I know what I need to switch up and try.

Second, my zucchini and feta cakes. I have not tried them yet. I was going to have one for lunch yesterday, but I am fighting a cold (...again) and felt awful yesterday so I opted for chicken soup. But I am not positive about them. They were heavier than normal, I don't think they cooked thoroughly, and I am afraid the coconut taste may not be masked enough. I don't think the recipe will be a winner, but there is still a tiny bit of hope.

Third, protein cookies. OK people, finally. We have a winner. These were delicious. I am excited to share the recipe with you all.


What you need:
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 12-14 packs Stevia
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce 
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla)
  • 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1/4 cup of PB2 (peanut powder - do not use peanut butter, much higher in fat and calories)
  • Optional: 1/4 dark chocolate chips
  • Optional: 1/2 cup plain walnuts

Directions:
  • Preheat over to 350 degrees
  • Coat cookie sheet thoroughly with nonstick spray
  • All all of the ingredients in a medium to large size mixing bowl - you will not when it is thorughly mixed as the texture will be very creamy and not overly thick
  • Take a spoon and place batter on on cookie sheet - this recipe yields 10 cookies. The cookies were fairly large "circles". I use the word circles in quotations because I am not in the business of food having to look perfect. 
  • Bake at 350 from 12-15 minutes.
  • Let cool for however long you want and enjoy.
Super easy. Super delish.

Nutrition facts:
  • *This can vary based upon specific brands used, different variations, etc.
  • Serving size: 2 cookies (yay)
  • Servings: 5
  • Calories: 100
  • Fat: 3.5g
  • Protein: 9g
  • Carbs: 3g

24 comments

  1. Those cookies look delicious and I'm definitely going to try them. You should try the "Enjoy Life" chocolate chips. They are dairy, nut, and soy free, so they are a little less guilty, but just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are better than me! i just take the healthy recipes that bloggers post and make them. i have zero creativity in the kitchen!! so thanks for these!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Totally trying this. Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious and I love coconut flour so I always have some in stock! Can't wait to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so nervous to try the coconut flour and oils because I am not a huge fan of the taste of coconut. I love the smell.... but the taste is super over powering in anything that it is in usually. Do you notice the taste of the coconut flour when you are baking with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now those sound good! Coconut flour does take some getting use to. I'm still trying to figure the ins and outs of it. Also try combining almond flour with the coconut flour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so proud of you! I need to buy coconut flour and coconut oil and try them in my recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try these!! Do you think it's better to use coconut flour or ground up oats?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell me about this PB2! Pete and I always see it in the grocery store and are so intrigued by it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these sound great! only concern is I'm not a fan of coconut, is the coconut flour strong tasting?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting this recipe! I definitely need to try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My roommate and I are trying to eat healthy..While she looks like a dime, I gained 5 lbs. It's really tiring being a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been working on protein recipes as well. I will have to try yours soon:)

    http://www.gogogirlfit.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. These looks divine! Please come and share your clean eating recipes on my new link-up that just started, Eat Clean Fridays! You can find more information here. http://asphaltandtrails.blogspot.com/2014/01/eat-clean-fridays-come-join-fun.html

    Maria @ The Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks girl... great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am excited to see that you are trying all of these recipes and letting us know what is good. I am fine without eating most of these foods, but my husband is trying to eat better and I think I will have to give him some of this type of food or he will quit on me. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look delicious. I've been wanting to get the PB2 but hadn't ordered it yet, so for these I just might have to! Thanks for doing all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Worth Reading!
    Just wanted to share my friends experience here. She is

    using this amazing product Shakeology Shake and she

    is very satisfied with the results! Helps her a lot

    during exhaustive workout schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhh yum! i think those cookies may be the first thing I make with coconut flour!
    Wonder if we could make mini muffins for breakfast.. hmm ... just thinking out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is nice blog and unique information related to clean food.Thanks for sharing such information...

    Meratol Review

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those cookies look delicious! I tried PB2 for the first time a couple months ago and really like it; it is the perfect PB substitute. Thanks for sharing on Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com