# # POST TITLE HERE

Weekend Recap: A Rebel with a Paintbrush

October 3, 2014

A late weekend recap is better than not one at all! Friday after work, I bailed on the gym because I had a ton of errands to run. One of my stops was Ulta. The annual "Vice" makeup pallet by Urban Decay had just gone on sale so I of course had to scoop one up and I am super pleased with it. It is much better than last years and it came with a travel bag. I absolutely love the color selections. 


My errands took a few hours so once I was home, I made dinner, sipped on a little champagne, and did some work on my book. I rented "Blended" from Redbox and put it on when I got into bed. I fell asleep after 20 minutes; I was not into it. I was kind of disappointed actually. 



Saturday I spent most of the morning being lazy, but the weather was beautiful so I decided to make the most of it. We had a week of nonstop rain and gloom so I knew I wanted to incorporate sunshine into my workout. I walked to the gym for weights then jogged on the greenway.

After my workout, I came home to take a shower and get ready. I decided to do a grey smokey eye with my new makeup pallet and I loved the outcome. I thought it was sexy!


I spent the evening uptown with my best friend Kelly and her boyfriend Drew. We started at a Mexican restaurant called "La Paz" for Margarita's and painting. 





The painting of the evening was a tree in front of a sunset. I did a painting similar about a month ago so I felt like being a rebel. Thus my painting was a the silhouette of a serial killer, ha ha. The instructors were not amused. It represents my state of mind lately, kidding! Drew and Kelly's are below mine; their paintings were very good!


Once we finished painting, we had a lovely dinner on the patio, listened to live music, enjoyed a few more drinks, and soaked up the amazing view. 


The night was a lot of fun, but unfortunately I did not sleep at all. One of those nights again. That resulted in me taking it easy on Sunday; but I did get my usual food prep and cleaning done. That is about all I accomplished though. 

9 comments

  1. Every night is better with a little champs! Margaritas and painting sound like SO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I love the pink bubbles too!! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such pretty eyes! I have no talent in the drawing department. I used to go to a little pottery painting place with my x's daughter and we would paint ceramics together. She loved it! AND she was better than me... she was 4 and 5 yrs old during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a little Champagne to relax. Bummer that movie was meh. That Margarita looks so good. Sorry you didn't get a good nights sleep! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot draw, paint, sculpt or do anything even remotely artsy. If it doesn't come with glue or paint by numbers, I don't even try.

    It's great that you were able to get out with some friends and enjoy yourself. Weekly food prep is a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I love your painting, screw the instructors, it's your artistic vision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. I love your "Serial killer" tree. I want to the new vice palette. I don't have any of the other ones but this one looks awesome. I love how your eye look turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like those colors in that palette! Also, if you are paying to paint...you paint whatever your heart desires! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not only reading my blog, but taking the time to leave a response. If you notice that you do not hear back from me, please ensure you are not a "no-reply" blogger.

Keep in touch:
Twitter: FitnessBlondieL
Instagram: FitnessBlondieL
Say hello: Liz@TheFitnessBlondie.com
PR: Business@TheFitnessBlondie.com